Sunday, May 29, 2005

Wiping the dust off my shoes!

Okay folks, I'm in my last 2 hours here in the Bend. WOOHOO!! My apartment is all packed up, I just have to load up my car, pick up a memory stick I ordered at Best Buy, return a library book, and eat some Indian Buffet (Star of India, even on a Sunday, Steve). And then it's BYE BYE SOUTH BEND!!!!!!!!

I'm sad only to leave for three reasons
(1) we finally got nice weather about two weeks ago, and finally the trees are green again, so it's actually pretty just when I'm leaving. Houston is a furnace right now, so it looks like this year I'm really having the extreme weather (snow EVERY DAY for the winter, sauna EVERY DAY for the summer).
(2) rent is freakin' cheap in the Bend
(3) my office was sweet, and my office computer was darn fast.

But really, those three reasons are pretty much pennies in comparison to the sacrifice you'd have to make socially and culturally to live in the Bend, and I'm sooooo excited that it's time to go! Tonight I get to see my friends' new house in St. Louis, and tomorrow I'll be in Houston.

Could I be any more excited??

4 comments:

D said...

Woohoo!  Screw the Fighting Irish!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Houston, Val! It was great seeing you! -Abby

Anonymous said...

believe it or not, i kinda miss the place. Anyway, i'm so sad you're not gonna be there to suffer with me next year, but I know you're off to better things!
and how is star of india gonna hold up without us? more importantly, who did you dare go there with without me?

Valerie said...

i went with my parents, steve. is that allowed? :)