Sunday, May 22, 2005

Lag time

Many of my friends are doing very exciting things right now. Travelling, for instance. One of my friends is in Seattle, San Francisco, and Los Angeles for two weeks. One is in New York, Orlando, and California for three weeks. One is in Taiwan. One is heading out to northern Minnesota for hiking and some family events. One is going to Europe for a conference. My sister is going to Morocco for a week. I would not hesitate to take any of these options.

Then I have several friends who have just moved (or are about to move) somewhere, either for permanent or for the summer, be it New York, Seattle, Dallas, Los Angeles. Again, starting something new, often in cool places.

I am still in South Bend, finishing up a bunch of research. It's not really so bad, but when I hear about all these fun places... well, then I wish I was travelling somewhere fun! Namely: in California, at Disney World, on any nice beach, or in any beautiful mountains.

On the positive side of things here in South Bend, I managed to get a $35 library fine waived on Friday. Maybe I'll put that money in my "fun trip" fund.

2 comments:

timjim81 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
timjim81 said...

To get late fees removed at video stores, walk the video back into the store (stealthily making sure to avoid the metal detector), place the video back on the shelf in its proper place, and either leave or rent something else and complain that you returned the video on time. They will classify the video as F.O.S. (Found On Shelf) and assume they missed scanning it back in when you returned it and take away your late fees. If the video is more than a week late, place the video behind a different video next to your video's proper place. When it is found, this will explain to them why they didn't find it before when they were checking the shelves for F.O.S. videos.