Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Strategic Ads

Long gone are the days when blogspot put ads at the top of our blogs. But oh, those were the days. I don't remember too much, except they were hilarious. My ads usually were something like, "Discrimination and housing law: Fight discrimination in the housing market!" Kevin's were all about the Iraq war. I think Cohen had some save the animals ones. And of course Dave got the scientology ads, God knows why, followed by an ad for online counseling for extramarital affairs. Too bad the ads departed before we could have a contest on who could get the best ads at the top!

I did get some amusing ads in gmail, from time to time. These are from an email string a friend and I were having, that eventually turned to the boyfriend of one of our other friends that we weren't particularly thrilled with.

Breaking Up
Offering advice about breaking up using the theory of love economics ...

I Used to Miss Him
But My Aim is Improving: Not Your Ordinary Breakup Survival Guide

FantasticBoyfriends.com
Nominate your Boyfriend for Boyfriend of the week or reserve ...


Now, my blog doesn't get ads on the top, but apparently I have attracted the robots placing ads in my comments. I direct you to this comment on my last entry:

Feeling lonely? Hook up with Real Singles now for $4.99 to connect, and only $0.99 a min. A true match is only a phone call away. Give it a try 1-800-211-9293.

Apparently my concern for the lack of clean water just screams "I'm single! Help!"

No comments: