Monday, January 03, 2005

I haven't forgotten you all....

I've just been running around like crazy! And I still don't have time for a real update... My average amount of sleep I have gotten a night for the past week or two is probably somewhere around 4 hours. Here are some highlights of my past few weeks until my next post:

Christmas party and seeing my dear Ecclesia fam/friends. I can't say enough how much they mean to me.

We celebrated Christmas with my mom's extended family at our uncle's house in Washington DC. Sooo much good food, several games of mafia, it was overall quite enjoyable.

I got a food processor for Christmas!! (This is really exciting for me!) I also got a chocolate desserts cooking book. mm....

Had a wonderful time hanging out with a few of my high school friends, catching up and hanging out.
- I met my friend Alison's fiance who I absolutely adore (good thing, since I'm in her wedding this May)
- I caught up with my friend Laura who is a Christian working for the Human Rights Campaign in DC. We also had a lovely afternoon tea with our high school debate coach/english teacher. (I've known Laura since 6th grade, so that's 11 years now!)
- I hung out tons with my dear friend Hannah (the one who made up the name VALF) who now is in the Lutheran Volunteer Corps, working for a legal aid kind of place in DC.... As always I had a great time with her, chatting, shopping, walking, seeing movies, discussing cooking, etc. Hannah (like Laura, too) is someone I've seen change a lot over the years, but I'm so thankful because despite changing independent of one another, we have ended up in similar places in our outlooks and lives, and we are still kindred spirits. I really appreciate having these girls in my life, and how they have known me for so many years.

I Spent New Year's in Las Vegas with my gaggle of college friends. It was an amazing New Year's, and an incredibly fun weekend. Partly because we were all hanging out together for the first time since last January, and partly because Las Vegas is a really fun place to do New Years. I'll write a full post on it ASAP.

Now I'm with my sister in Cambridge, England. She is studying abroad here for the year, and my parents graciously dipped into their 300,000+ frequent flyer miles to fly me here for free for a week. It's lovely. Tomorrow we are going to Italy for a few days, which will be super fly.

This is a random tidbit, for sure: I went out on a limb, and didn't bring makeup on the trip here to Europe. Ack! Granted, I only started wearing a decent amount of makeup within the past year, but the stuff really is addictive, I enjoy wearing it, and now I feel naked without it! We'll see how I feel at the end of the week.

3 comments:

D said...

FINALLY!  A new post.  If you are going sans make-up in Europe, why not go whole hog and stop shaving your legs and armpits ... and don't bathe the entire time ... and you could start smoking.

We loved having you here.  You always have a place to crash when you're in Houston.

Dallas said...

... and start listening to techno incessantly.

Drink a pint of dark, British ale for me.

Rococoaster said...

mmmm...and another pint for me, and make me a chocolate dessert too. You're gorgeous with or without makeup, but a little "frosting" never hurt anybody...except Tammi Faye Bakker! Yikes!

Oh, you're the only one who doesn't know this: today when I came home from school the Christmas presents from the richies were sitting on my doorstep, sans card. Mine is a fifty dollar Z Gallerie throw (she left the tag on it...intentionally?) and D got the first season of "arrested Development" and a $50 movie pass card. She bought our gifts before Tgiving, but to leave them on the doorstep is just psychotic. What are your thoughts? Love you madly!