Friday, January 14, 2005

More Boring than Dry Textbooks

In this episode of more boring than dry textbooks: the answer to the question, "What do you do all day when you say you are working on sociology 'research'?"

This morning: now entering hour 2 of writing/editing programming code to set up a data set I need for my next project. And the end is nowhere in sight. My files are all set up for different statistics programs so I'm having to fix them to get them all to work in the one statistics program I need to use. And it just so happens that despite the files being set up for all various statistics programs, exactly ZERO of them are set up for the statistics program I use.

Oh yeah, and there's the little fact that I suck at understanding programming code.

1 comment:

Rococoaster said...

You're right! That was the most boring post you've ever posted. How about that vegas post? London? Rome? Regale us with stories of travels and exploits...or airport guys. Anything but programs and cod, geez!
Love you an will keep you posted on "that other thing".