Thursday, December 16, 2004

Three weeks...

I have officially dubbed the next three weeks of my life my "Soul Searching weeks". I don't know much about soul searching, and I don't even know what I'm searching for so much, but it's time to find it.

I've never been "soul searching" in the official sense of the word before. I mean, sure, most people probably do something like soul searching at one time or another, but I don't think it's soul searching unless you call it that.

Why these three weeks? Well, it's three weeks off from classes and three weeks away from my new life at the Bend. I'll be travelling a bunch and seeing friends from most major periods of my life (Which, granted, are not that numerous considering I'm only 22) and seeing family.

Once I decided this and started mulling over it, I realized that sometimes when people go "soul searching" they go away... Like on a retreat, where they haul up alone in nature with a journal and some really profound book or something. My next three weeks are going to be pretty busy. So then I was thinking that maybe this past semester was really my soul searching. Can it be soul searching if you didn't know you were doing it at the time, but give it the label afterwards? I doubt it. And in any case, any soul searching this semester has left me with only a bunch of questions. That's why I need to go soul searching now, right?

I'll keep you updated on my soul searching throughout the break... Maybe I'll figure out what I'm searching for at the least (other than a tall dark and handsome, intelligent, older-than-me, eligible bachelor, that is).

Let the search begin!

3 comments:

Rococoaster said...

I miss you already! Post again! I've been waiting for another on and after all those hours you spent up here you have nothing to show for it. Merry Christmas, sweetie!

Rococoaster said...

update your blog!

Anonymous said...

valf, you do need to update!!! and i lost my camera with the picture we took at the christmas party. buggah. clara! =)