Monday, October 01, 2007

VALF endorsed candidate: Barack Obama

I love Barack Obama. I find him inspiring, new, and different. I like his rhetoric of unity, unlike other candidates who ignore this topic. I think he would make a great president. I also think it is high time we had a minority president.

I am also a big supporter of various feminist causes, and so I'm not against Hilary. I'm just pro-Obama. I also think it's time for a change. I read a crazy statistics: 116 million Americans have never lived under a president other than a Bush or Clinton. Many have commented on how the dominance of the two families in national politics is unprecedented. While I like the Clintons, I think it's time for a complete change, something new and refreshing. Another reason I support Barack. I do think he would be a new face, and take national politics in new directions. It would be refreshing!

One more: I think Barack can win. He's not a divisive candidate, at least not in the recent sense of the word. I think he could win a general election and give us a president that doesn't polarize the country for 4 or 8 more years. I think many other candidates would have that effect.

So, now it's out there: my publicly endorsed candidate. I probably have not done justice to my passion on this, but I am very passionate. BARACK IN 2008!!! Does that do it? Just read some of his speeches, and you may be swayed as well. Here is one I love, his speech anouncing his candidacy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

valerie
i have to say..i'm pretty much a fan of obama too.
glad you found my blog!