Monday, October 08, 2007

Goals as a 25 year old

My birthday was on Friday, and at dinner I jokingly started coming up with some goals for my year as a 25-year-old.

Here's what I came up with:
1. Visit a new continent.
This will be surprisingly easy for me because I am going to India on a Princeton fellowship in December! So it's not much of a goal, since it's for sure going to be done. But hey, it's attainable!

2. Start a book.
Originally the goal was to write a book, but when I talked to one of Samir's friends who is in the process of writing a book, the look he gave me made me decide that a better goal is to start a book. I'm not talking about an academic book. Subject matter, genre, etc. to be decided. But hey, I'd like to say I wrote a book.

3. Get married.
Again, totally attainable since it's planned for happening June 1, 2008. Perhaps the goal will be to pull off the wedding as stress free as possible. I'm well on my way to that goal as well, considering that we have rented out a summer camp for the weekend and plan to have a totally untraditional, super fun weekend wedding.

That's all! I guess writing a book is my only "real" goal, in that I will have to work for it. But hey, all of them are pretty big things. Here's to year 25.

No comments: