Saturday, March 04, 2006

My doctor has a way with words

I had to get an MRI done a bit ago. My doctor was concerned I had "neurological problems" (she kept saying that, "neurological problems") causing my headaches/ eye aches/ all too frequent sickness.

"What kind of neurological problems are you talking about?"
"Well, for instance if you had MS [multiple sclerosis] it would show up on the MRI a certain way."
"What? I might have MS??"
"We're just being complete."

Right. I thankfully do not have any neurological problems. I do have some something-cysts in the something-passage that is somewhere behind my eyes/forehead. Now she is sending me to an ear nose and throat doctor.

"It'll just cost you a co-pay, unless they decide to do a procedure."
"A procedure?"
"Well, they might go in and look at the cysts."
"How do they do that?"
"They go in through your nose to look at them and see if you need surgery."
"Surgery??"
"We're just being thorough, don't be concerned."

1 comment:

D said...

Through your nose? YIKES!

Thanks for the update. Let us know how it turns out.