Monday, November 14, 2005

Ain't life peachy?

After too long with what I thought was just "the flu", my sleepless nights, middle of the night through afternoon fevers, constant headaches, and endless aches never went away. Just when I thought it was getting better... boom, high fever and feeling like I'm on my deathbed at 9 pm last night.

Don't blame me, I've never had anything more serious than a common cold or common flu. I can't even remember ever going to the doctor for being sick, because it just was never bad enough.

Last night and today it was so bad, my mom drove over to help me out for a few hours. By "help me out" I mean wash some of my dishes (every glass in my house was spent on hydration, bowls had gone to cereal, and mugs had gone to tea, "thera-flu", and hot milk), help me do some laundry (because waking up every night around 5 am completely drenched was taking its toll on my supply of comfy clothes), replenish my sick food (juice, crackers, soup, fruit), and take me to the doctor.

They think I have an unusual kidney infection, or maybe something else. They sent me to the lab, where they lady said, "Oh, well, we have a lot of tests to run, so I'll have to take a bit of blood." "A bit?" "Well, more than two vials." More than two vials turned out to be eight vials. I already felt weak, as I hadn't been out of my bed for over an hour in two days, and I hate giving blood, so this was miserable. They gave me an antiobiotic for the potential kidney infection and told me to stay in bed until they get the labs back in a day or two.

God knows why I'm writing a blog on this. I am so freakin' bored in my apartment, because daytime tv gets old after about two hours, and you can only watch so many movies. I'm achy, and only getting more achy because I have to stay lying down all the time or else get woozy (like I am right now from sitting up to type this). My head hurts too much to read, despite the pile of schoolwork that grows exponentially every day. And I'm not really in the mood for chatting on the phone; I'd just be the biggest grouch since betty lou who's time.

Boo, germs, BOO!! Just go away!! Leave me in peace!!

3 comments:

D said...

That sucks. I hope you feel better soon. Cohen has gone to the doctor with her ninth migraine in two weeks.

Anonymous said...

But I got really good medicine and made it through the week plus the midnight premiere of HP4. It pays to go to the doc. Especially if they give you freebies!
you've always got "Boy Meets World" and "Star Trek Voyager"!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, Valerie!

That sounds horribly awful. I am so sorry!! I hope you feel better soon - actually, my mom always says that being cranky is a sign that you are getting better, but I'm sure that's not terribly helpful. :)

-Abby