Thursday, April 27, 2006

My friends

I think I have some of the best friends ever, objectively speaking. They are fabuous and wonderful and I adore them. When I have a bad day, they send me funny emails and silly cards to cheer me up. When I am having a bad time, they call me morning and evening to see how I am, and they tell me they want to kidnap me to New York City for a fun evening, even if they are super busy and have too much to do themselves. They don't hate me when I don't talk to them for months at a time. They make me laugh and laugh at my silly ideas. They send me the sweetest and most supportive emails ever. They are so amazing, that I feel guilty being sad sometimes. How can I be so selfish as to be sad about something when I have such wonderful people filling up every piece of my life?

My friends give me hope in humanity, as trite as that may sound. My friends all over the country send me emails that are remarkably similar in that they are supportive and caring and full of love, and they all love me so much in all their own ways. Either I have the best taste in friends, or the world really is full of amazing people.

1 comment:

D said...

I hope you feel the same way after you read the e-mail I just sent you. ;-)

As for being selfish to feel sad, I sympathize. Sadness just like happiness is not always contingent upon circumstances. And people loving you is not always enough to make you happy. But it doesn't hurt.