Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Grocery store temperature

I am usually late to one of my statistics classes. It's across campus, so I'm usually power walking to get there within the first five minutes of class. As a result, once I'm at class (and thus have powerwalked about 10-15 mins), I'm pretty warm and about to break a sweat (powerwalking in sweaters and winter coats will do that, no matter how cold it is).

I've noticed that most of the girls in our class are usually cold. They're always wearing their jackets in class. Even my friend who is a die hard midwesterner "I wear a windbreaker for a jacket when it's 35 degrees outside" often resorts to putting her coat on. Today I commented on this to them, saying I noticed they all looked cold.

Girl 1: Yeah, it's always chilly in this room.
Girl 2: Yeah it is. I don't know how Brian can wear just a t-shirt. (Brian always is wearing only a t-shirt in class)
Brian [gets up and checks thermostat]: It's 68 degrees in here! That's regular room temperature!
Guy 2: No, 68 is more like grocery store temperature, Brian.

2 comments:

D said...

I don't know about for a classroom, but 68 degrees is perfect for sleeping under a heavy comforter.

Rococoaster said...

Monica,
We think you are adorable...and a little crazy. What great comments to a cute post. Ya'll ar so obviously sisters. Great minds think alike!
Love,
co