Saturday, August 07, 2004

a better comparison than apples and oranges

.
Yesterday my sister and I were talking on the phone, and this was part of our conversation.

Monica: I saw A Cinderella Story the other day and realized that I really love Hilary Duff.
Valerie: What? You like Hilary Duff?
Monica: Yeah, and after seeing Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen I realized I like Hilary Duff even more than I like Lindsay Lohan.
Valerie: WHAT? Are you implying that you like A Cinderella Story more than you like Mean Girls?
[side note: Mean Girls is one of the funniest movies ever, and a new favorite of mine.]
Monica: Well, they aren't really comparable movies. Mean Girls is funny and sattirical, and A Cinderella Story is cute and sweet. That's like asking me which I like better: Florida or chocolate cake.
[pause]
Monica: Okay, so it's not exactly like that...

7 comments:

Rococoaster said...

That is hilarious! Is she back from India? How can she possibley prefer Hilary Duff to anyone? Ok, Hulk Hogan and Tito Jackson, yes. But Linsay Lohan? No way!

D said...

I could actually answer that unequivocally: chocolate cake. Who needs Florida, after all?

RedKev said...

Did you just call Val a southerner?

Valerie said...

hey, yeah, i'll get to work on that. number 1. BRING LOTS OF COLD WEATHER CLOTHING!! today's high was 67, it's so freakin cold!! =)

i don't know if i'd call myself a southerner or a yankee...? maybe a little of both?

Anonymous said...

VAL!!!

Hi =) It's Abby =) I'm in Montana and heading to Boulder in 2.25 hours - yikes. Glad you made it to South Bend safely! I'll call you sooooooon! =)

Anonymous said...

hey, val. aminah and i are getting our yawns as we watch the olympics. houston is pretty much the same as before you left--except the hole you left... ok, so my grasp of the english language has escaped me. anyway, i hope you are well. by the way, i saw "confessions"--see my blog of, well, i'm not sure of the date, and i was hurting by the end... i still need to see mean girls though. i'm not giving up on lindsay lohan. on the basis of duff's cd from her silly little movie of last year (or whenever), i give her a thumbs down. ick. but hey, maybe we blondes should stick together. not sure what to do...

RedKev said...

You have reached a new low in Blogger ads. Lizzie Macguire Bedding. As I'm typing this, I just remebered that we once purchased Mary Kate and Ashley sheets for the guest bed. The colors went with the room better than anything else. Its not like it had their picture on them or anything.